Doctors’ Pediatric is pleased to announce the start of our Open Air/Outdoor Well Visit. We remain committed to patient safety during this uncertain time. Not only does that include safety from COVID-19 exposure, but it also means keeping up with well child exams and appropriate vaccines. Now, more than ever, we need to be diligent with vaccine schedules so that society does not see a rise in vaccine preventable diseases while we do our best to tamp down COVID-19. The first wave of patients (besides children 2 and under) that we will target for well child visits/vaccines include 4/5 years old, 11 years old, and college bound children. These patients have the most urgent vaccine needs at this time.
Please see below for guidance regarding your child’s upcoming open air well visit. These visits will take place in a tent at the Wilton Office.
- Prior to your appointment, you will receive electronic copies of any age-appropriate questionnaires (i.e. development, mental health). It is EXTREMELY important that you fill these out before your visit. The questionnaires allow our doctors to make sure that they focus on any areas of concern and make the most of your time together.
- Your child should wear loose fitting clothing with elastic waist whenever possible (as we will not be changing into gowns)
- If you have one at home, please put a mask on yourself and your child
- If you are able to get a weight on your child at home, that would also be helpful
- Only one parent and one child will be allowed at the well visit at a time
- When you arrive at the parking lot of the Wilton office, please call our office number and let us know that you have arrived
- We will direct you to the appropriate tent area. (please follow the arrow markers)
- Your providers will be wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, and the area will be thoroughly cleaned between patients
- Vitals will be taken by a nurse, and the doctor will perform a brief exam
- Vaccines will be given when appropriate (we will attempt to confirm vaccines prior to the appointment so as to minimize your time outside)
- A follow up Televisit will be scheduled within 24 hours of your open air PE so that you and your doctor can go over questions and concerns that normally would occur during a well child visit. We will also discuss growth and development at that time.
- Blue forms and college forms will still be available once the well visit has been completed. We will follow up with more information as we streamline this new process.
Once again, we thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate these ever changing times!
STAY SAFE and STAY HEALTHY!