Seasonal allergies usually strike at the first signs of spring. This, however, also corresponds to lingering winter colds/illnesses. It can be tricky to figure out the difference.
What are the differences?
Right off, there are a few easy differences between seasonal allergies and common colds. One of the most significant is that a child will not develop a fever with seasonal allergies. In addition, most children with allergies exhibit a lingering runny nose that just never gets better as the days go by. One may see puffy eyes, sneezing, and coughing. [Read more…] about Seasonal Allergies vs The Common Cold
Warmer weather means the start of tick season. Lyme disease is both a controversial and anxiety-ridden topic for many individuals. We hope that we can provide some information and education to shed light on this very charged topic.
What is Lyme disease?
Lyme disease is caused by Borrelia burgdorferi, which is a bacteria that is transmitted to humans by an infected tick. The type of tick is a black-legged tick (commonly known as a deer tick, Ixodes scapularis). Most of the infected bites are from immature ticks or nymphs. Nymphs are usually less than 2 mm and challenging to see. Adult ticks can transmit Lyme as well, but because they are larger, they tend to be found sooner before infection occurs. [Read more…] about The Down Low On Lyme Disease
`✵•.¸,✵°✵.｡.✰ Calling all LPNs/RNs ✰.｡.✵°✵,¸.•✵´
Doctors’ Pediatric is looking for fun and energetic LPNs/RNs for our Ridgefield office. Pediatric experience is a plus, we will train as needed!
Full and part-time positions available
If you’re interested or know someone who is interested, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have EXCITING NEWS!!! Dr. Rachel Priem (formerly known as Dr. Rachel Herold) is now taking new patients in our RIDGEFIELD office!!!
FAST FIVE, FUN FACTS:
- I love to hike. I hope to go with my family to national parks when my kids are a little older but for now like to take them to the nature preserves around Ridgefield
- You can wake me up in the middle of the night for chocolate chip cookies
- I used to be a swimmer and spent my summers growing up at a wilderness swim camp in Canada where we swam in cold lakes.
- My husband is from Amsterdam and I am trying (struggling) to learn Dutch while we raise our sons bilingual
- Wave hi if you see her biking her way to work!
CLICK HERE to register as a new patient with Dr. Priem
Illness abounds this fall and has been quite relentless. Not only do we understand the frustration of illness, but we also understand the worries and fear that sometimes come along with it. We wanted to take a moment to address one of the top concerns of parents, which is fever. [Read more…] about Now a word from your pediatrician……FEVERS
These dates are for the 𝐅𝐋𝐔 vaccine 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘……. the COVID vaccine 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐍𝐎𝐓 be available on these dates.
- The appointment slots are first come first served and fill up quickly! Updates regarding additional clinic dates will be made on our Facebook page. Follow us here https://www.facebook.com/DoctorsPediatric if you are not already!
- If you need to cancel or reschedule the appointment you have scheduled, please let us know asap so the spot can potentially be filled with another patient.
- ALL appointments will be booked online using the links above.
*These clinics are for patients of Doctors’ Pediatric